"A Star Dance" is excited to be offering our students the opportunity to become an Assistant Dance Teacher through the DanceStep Program. DanceStep empowers students to take care of others and guides them to be leaders and role models. The program covers assistant teaching skills such as behaviour management, different learning needs and styles, Safe Dance Principles and Anatomy. These concepts are broken down to be taught in a sequential and age appropriate way to children from ten years of age. Whether students are considering a career in dance teaching or otherwise, the DanceStep program is a great preparation for many aspects of life.
With the inclusion of DanceStep at "A Star Dance" our dancers have a framework where they can contribute to our community in a positive way. Past students of the DanceStep program – at other dance schools around Australia - have experienced increased levels of confidence and have learnt patience, empathy, communication skills and how to take initiative in different situations. As affiliate members of the DanceStep program it is wonderful for us to be able to provide this opportunity for our dancers to flourish not only as young people, but to also watch them grow into competent and confident assistant teachers and student leaders.
$175 for the year (Term 1, 2019 to end of Term 4, 2019)
The DanceStep Fee of $175 covers:
- 3 x Training & Mentoring Workshops
- The opportunity to participate as a “helper” in “Bebe Ballet’s Spring Gala” in October
- Costume hire for “Bebe Ballet’s Spring Gala”
- Assist at any of our Holiday Programs for $10 (normally $39).
- Level 1 Student Workbook
- A badge so all our Bebe Ballet community will know the name of our new Assistant Teacher.
- Floral Skirt to be worn when assisting in a Bebe Ballet class
Our Assistant Teachers will be required for
- all training and mentoring dates (listed below)
- a minimum of one Bebe Ballet class per week. This class would need to work with both your family and Bebe Ballet’s timetable. We can only accept one DanceStep Student per ballet class.
- a minimum of three days during our week 1 of Term 4 (6-12 October) at Brighton Performing Arts Centre (BPAC).
- be enrolled in an appropriate level ballet class at "A Star Dance"
Training & Mentoring Workshop Dates
Saturday 2 February: 2–3.30pm
Saturday 27 April: Afternoon (Time TBC)
Saturday 20 July: 2 – 3.30pm
Applications closed for the 2019 intake on 7 January.
We will be opening up a new intake of DanceStep Students in Term 3. Information will be sent out in May.